For the first time ever; HashiCorp Canada in partnership with Arctiq are offering up a comprehensive one-day technical training course aimed at helping users and organizations who desire and need an in-depth training day on Vault. Register now to join HashiCorp and Arctiq for this exclusive in-person training event for selected HashiCorp Vault customers.
If you know of someone on your team who would benefit, please do not forward this invite page, rather submit your co-worker’s name to Fraser at [email protected] to determine space availability.
This will be a full-day event at Arctiq’s private office location, with lunch and beverages included. HashiCorp’s technical enablement team and Arctiq consultants will take you through the following topics:
- Vault Architecture Overview: A review of the major Vault components including Storage Backends, Cryptography Barriers, Secret Engines, Audit Devices, Auth Methods, Client Tokens, and defining a “Secret”.
- Policies: This section discusses policy workflows and syntaxes. Everything in Vault is path-based, and policies are no exception. Policies provide a declarative way to grant or forbid access to certain paths and operations in Vault.
- Secrets Engines: These components can store, generate or encrypt data. Since they are incredibly flexible, it is easiest to think about them in terms of their function. Secrets engines are provided a set of data, they take action on that data, and they return the result.
- Auth Methods: Auth methods are the components in Vault that perform authentication and are responsible for assigning identity and a set of policies to a user.
This will be a hands-on training event. Please bring an open laptop with an SSH client ready to use. The detailed agenda for the day is as follows.
- 9:00am EST - Welcome Coffee and light snacks
- 9:30am EST - Vault 101 Begins: Vault Architecture Overview, Policies, Secret Engines: Static Secrets
- 12:00pm EST - Lunch
- 1:00pm EST - Vault 101 Continues: Secret Engines: Dynamic Secrets, Authentication, Identity: Entities and Groups
- 3:00pm EST - Vault Demos and Overview
- 3:30pm EST - Reception
- 5:00pm EST - Wrap and Departure
We look forward to seeing you on October 30th at the Arctiq offices!