Google Cloud Run is a new offering from Google that is currently in Beta. One of the main use cases is to enable running stateless HTTP containers on a fully managed environment or in your own GKE cluster.
Cloud Run is part of the Anthos solution offering and falls under the Serverless category. Arctiq has been getting lots of Anthos technical content out since Google Next19, in this blog I will give you a deep dive into some of the Cloud Run capabilities. Also have a look at our blog on Knative, Knative extends Kubernetes with the developer experience of serverless and enables many of the technical capabilities that ship with Cloud Run. Another Interesting aspect is Pricing Cloud Run charges you only for the resources you use, billed to the nearest 100 milliseconds. More info here
Cloud Run promises few notably great things:
- Serverless (or more exactly Fully Managed Architecture)
- Containerization and a simple Developer Experience
- Choice Any language, any library, any binary
- Scaling up. To handle the load with Autoscaling?
- Scaling down. All the way to zero when not in use.
- Combined with other Google Cloud services a Continuous Delivery.
- Custom domain mapping.
- Out-of-the-box Integrated logging and monitoring
- SSL / TLS solution (batteries included).
In this demo we will show you everything you need to get started with this great product offering.
Watch Google Cloud Run in action:
We hope this blog and demo video helped you understand a bit more and you were able to give it a try for yourself.
Interested in learning more about Anthos Cloud Run or any of the solutions that can help make hybrid cloud a reality? We would love to hear from you.