As the development and deployment of containers are rapidly adopted across the enterprise, security needs to be considered at every phase of the container lifecycle.
- Developers require rapid feedback and tooling to speed the secure development of their applications and to securely handle sensitive information.
- Operations teams require an always-on security solution to identify and block vulnerabilities and exploits from being deployed, while also identifying and responding to vulnerabilities actively running in production.
- Security and compliance teams (or SecOps Teams) need a complete view of all application images(stored or running) alongside a centralized method to enforce policy across the entire platform.
Addressing security at every stage of the application lifecycle is critical in the successful use of container technology across the enterprise. Special guest Liz Rice from Aqua Security will be available to share her views on container security, where we are now, and where we are headed!
Building a Secure Container Strategy with Aqua Security, Microsoft Azure, Red Hat OpenShift, and HashiCorp Vault
Join Arctiq, Aqua Security, Microsoft, Red Hat and HashiCorp as we explore real world use cases and design patterns for securing each element of the container lifecycle.
This technical and interactive session will focus on highlighting the benefits of:
- Secure development pipelines with image scanning and policy enforcement (both Microsoft and Linux containers)
- Secure management of sensitive information (Secrets!)
- Secure enforcement of running applications and response to new threats / vulnerabilities
Demos will show actual configurations and deployments in Arctiq’s typical “technology-first” style:
- Introduction to Container Security
- What? Why? How?
- The platform, the pipeline, and the runtime
- Technology introduction (quick component overview, and typical deployment topology)
- Aqua Security
- HashiCorp Vault
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Microsoft Azure (Windows and Linux containers)
- Securing the Development Pipeline
- Securing Sensitive Data
- Securing the Application Runtime
Lunch, snacks, and beverages will be served. Did we mention that Liz Rice will be here!!
This event is intended for security engineers, container platform engineers, application architects and developers interested in learning about Aqua Security, HashiCorp Vault, OpenShift, and Microsoft Azure integration use cases with for developing secure containerized applications. The demos will highlight use cases and sample configurations that are observed across a wide array of enterprise container environments.