For various reasons I decided to leave my post at one of Canada’s fastest growing IT integrators to go out on my own. This wasn’t a decision that I took lightly, and over the course of a few weeks I’ve flip-flopped between fear, anxiety, excitement, and joy.
- Fear and anxiety; this is a major shift in focus from running a critical team in a large organization to getting back into the field, now as a startup.
- Excitement and joy; I'm getting back in front of customers and technology, something I missed dearly.
For those reasons I am back to loving Mondays, again.
Why the change and what am I doing? There are a few drivers behind this and in many ways the stars aligned in a way that I couldn’t have anticipated.
- The industry - a shift to a more open and collaborative design and architecture approaches. A chance to help people automate and manage their environments in a software-driven world, drive efficiencies in design, tooling, and process. To show value every step of the way.
- The chance to try it on my own - Over the years I have helped in a number of projects but one thing I’ve never done is attempt to go out on my own. Be my own boss. This is now my opportunity to build something new, something personal.
- Change itself - I need change. Something fresh to work on. Something I am truly passionate about is learning and continuing to grow.
So I took my first big leap off the cliff. And already an exciting opportunity presented itself to partner and build a business with my closest friends and colleagues … we became friends because we work well together. I am building something new with the people I trust. Together we have spun up a new practice in the exciting world of Digital Transformation and I couldn’t be more excited!
Stay tuned … lots more to come!